Dr. Cecilia Invitti
Medical Director of the Department of Medical Science and Rehabilitation, specialising in Endocrine and Metabolic diseases.
ACADEMIC STUDIES AND TRAINING:
Secondary School Diploma in Classical Studies gained at the Parini Secondary School of Milan in 1969.
Degree in Medicine and Surgery in 1975 gained at the University of Milan, cum laude.
Specialisation in Endocrinology at the University of Pavia in 1978, cum laude.
CLINICAL TRAINING AND CAREER:
- Medical Assistant at the Medical Clinic I of the University of Milan from 1980 to 1990 and Medical Aid at the same Institute from 1991.
- Eligibility as a consultant in Endocrinology with the following mark: 98/100 in 1990.
- Medical aid at the Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases Unit of the San Michele Institute for Treatment and Research (IRCCS), Istituto Auxologico Italiano of Milan from 1992 to 1998.
- Head Physician to the Metabolic Diseases and Diabetology Unit of the San Michele Institute for Treatment and Research (IRCCS), Istituto Auxologico Italiano of Milan from 1999 to 2009.
- Medical Director of the San Michele Institute for Treatment and Research (IRCCS), Istituto Auxologico Italiano of Milan from 2001 to 2009.
- Medical Director of the Diabetological Research Laboratory from 2005.
- Medical Director of the Medical Science and Rehabilitation Department, Istituto Auxologico Italiano of Milan from January 2010.
WORK AND CASE HISTORIES:
Management and organisation of clinical activities (outpatient macro-activities in the field of endocrine metabolic diseases, outpatient clinic and day hospital) performed at the San Michele Hospital Scientific Institute.
RESEARCH WORK AND PUBLICATIONS:
Dr. Invitti is the author of 200 articles in peer reviewed Journals and more than 300 presentations at international and national congresses.
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION:
Dr. Cecilia Invitti participated in the preparation of the guidelines of the European Society of Hypertension on infant and adolescent hypertension.