Dr. Benito Vanni Petrachi
Since 2011, Manager of the Orthopaedics-2 O.U. at Istituto Auxologico, where more than seven hundred operations are performed every year, half of which include joint reconstruction (especially prosthetic surgery and prosthesis replacement surgery of knee and hip).
In January 2011, he actively contributed in organising the hospital Operating Unit from the beginning to full accreditation with the Italian NHS in May of same year.
He is proactively involved in testing new surgical techniques and new prosthetic materials.
Since 2012, he delivers theoretical and practical training courses on Prosthetic surgery of knee and Prosthetic surgery of hip with anterior approach to primary Italian companies (Depuy Synthes, Lima, Biomet).
He cooperates with the major Italian centres for study and treatment of prosthetic infections.
He performed more than eight thousand orthopaedic and trauma surgeries as Chief Surgeon
1987: University degree in Medicine and Surgery, University of Milan – (Mark: 110 cum laude)
- 1992: Specialisation in Orthopaedics and Traumatology, University of Milan – (Mark: 69/70)
- 1997: Specialisation in Sports Medicine, University of Pavia – (Mark: 50/50)
- 2008: Qualification to Manage a Complex Hospital Facility (I.RE.F. Institute) – (Mark: 96/100)
- 2011 to date: Manager of the Orthopaedics O.U.at Istituto Auxologico Italiano – Hospital Unit Capitanio in Milan
- 2009 to 2011: Manager of the Knee and Hip Prosthetic Surgery Unit at Casa di Cura San Pio X in Milan. Positions previously held in the same facility (1996-2008):
- Second surgeon in the Orthopaedics and Trauma Dept.
- Assistant in the Orthopaedics and Trauma Operating Unit
- 1991 to 1996: Medical Fellow with the Orthopaedics and Trauma Dept. at Istituto Ortopedico Gaetano Pini in Milan
- 1991 to 1992: Traumatologist of the youth sector for the soccer club F.C. Internazionale (aka Inter)
- 1990 to 1994: Orthopaedic specialist substitute at the Local Health Unit 75/1 in Milan
- 1987 to 1991: Volunteer doctor in the IV Division, Trauma I, Orthopaedics and Traumatology Dept. at Istituto Ortopedico Gaetano Pini in Milan
- 1986 to 1987:Attending student in the IV Division, Trauma I, Orthopaedics and Traumatology Dept. at Istituto Ortopedico Gaetano Pini in Milan
SURGERY RECORDS BY TYPE:
- Over 8000 orthopaedic and trauma surgeries:
- Prosthesis of hip: first implant and revisions
- Prosthesis of knee: first implant and revisions
- Shoulder, knee and ankle joint reconstructions
- Foot surgery
- Hand surgery
- Osteosynthesis of joint and diaphyseal fractures.