Dr. Andrea Cestari
Dr. Andrea Cestari is one of Prof. Rigatti's students and has always dedicated his training and professional development to minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques, during the initial period and subsequently robotic techniques.
Among the milestones we can mention Dr. Cestari's direct involvement in these national and international “firsts”:
- 1998/99 the first laparoscopic radical prostatectomy operations in Italy.
- 2000 the first laparoscopic renal cryoablation cancer operations in Europe.
- 2001 the first robotic radical prostatectomy operations in Italy.
- 2011 the first robotic pyeloplasty operations in the world with the new Single Site DaVinci robotic platform.
Dr. Cestari’s personal experience and operating case histories in laparoscopic and robotic surgery in urology are among the largest and widely acknowledged in Europe, with invitations to participate as an operator in numerous live surgery sessions and as a speaker during international and national congress events, as well as having published numerous works in indexed scientific journals.
In addition to laparoscopic and robotic surgery Dr. Cestari has also completed the training course in endourological and traditional open surgery.
National and international acknowledgements of Dr. Cestari’s activities include:
- “Epicenter surgeon” for Intuitive and AB medica.
- Tutor for European laparoscopy training for Storz.
- Tutor for European cryoablation renal tumours training for Galil.
- Urologist selected by ESUT-EAU (European Society of Urotechnologies) for international fellowship programmes for laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
- A member of the ESUT-EAU scientific committee.
- A member of the Board of Governors of the Italian Society of Endourology.
- A member of the editorial committee of the European Urology and European Urology Today scientific journals.