The General Surgery clinical activity at Auxologico is aimed at the diagnosis and surgical treatment of all pathologies of surgical interest (from benign and malignant tumours of the colon-rectum, thyroid tumours, gallbladder, inguinal hernia, haemorrhoids, rhagades and many others).
Surgeons use the latest and safest surgical techniques, employing both traditional and minimally invasive procedures resulting in less surgical trauma and in faster recovery times for the patient.
MINIMALLY INVASIVE SURGERY
The team's experience in minimally invasive (laparoscopic) surgery allows these methods to be applied to most abdominal diseases according to the guidelines in international literature: this approach allows earlier discharge and less painful and less complex post-surgery procedures, with optimal aesthetic results and a faster return to work and social life.
Outpatient activities are carried at all Auxologico sites, where the Diagnostic Imaging equipment (traditional radiology, magnetic resonance imaging, CT scans and ultrasound scans) allows for a correct and fast diagnostic assessment.
Surgery is performed in the operating theatres of Capitanio Hospital, in the centre of Milan, where post-surgery assistance is also provided.
ACCESS TO SERVICES
Access to services at hospital and outpatient sites is possible through:
- payment of the SSN prescription charge (the National Health);
- Smart Tariff;
- privately (upon payment);
- Agreements (supplementary health funds, insurance companies, health insurance companies, conventions with companies and associations through which you can access a discounted price list).
HIGHLY SPECIALISED CENTRES
- The Endocrine Surgery Centre treats all thyroid diseases such as thyroid tumours and thyroid nodules, goitre, and other endocrine diseases.
- The Bariatric Surgery Centre specialises in the clinical assessment, surgery and post-operative follow-up for the treatment of severe obesity and operates through a multidisciplinary team.
- The Vascular Surgery Centre uses minimally invasive techniques for the treatment of varicose veins and venous insufficiency.
- The Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery Centre deals with diseases of the abdominal wall and intra-abdominal organs.
- The Coloproctological Surgery Centre deals with diseases of the colon, rectum-anal region, and pelvic floor.