Cardiology and Cardiac Rehabilitation
You are in AUXOLOGICOCardiology and Cardiac Rehabilitation
The Cardiology and Cardiac Rehabilitation of Auxologico provides a comprehensive high quality response to all problems related to the heart:
- Management of cardiovascular urgencies;
- Cardiac rehabilitation after acute events (infarction), heart surgery procedures, or for patients suffering from chronic cardiac decompensation;
- Care and monitoring of the patient suffering from chronic conditions such as cardiac failure, hypertension and arrhythmias;
- Prevention and early diagnosis of cardiovascular risk factors.
The decades-long experience, the departments run under the direction of the University, the multidisciplinary approach and the usage of the best technologies for the care and monitoring of patients are combined with the scientific research activity carried out by clinicians and researchers of Auxologico to ensure the application of the most effective diagnostic and therapeutic strategies and to explore new solutions made available by the technology’s progress.
In Lombardy, cardiological facilities include a dedicated First-Aid station, a Coronary Intensive Care Unit equipped with a Hemodynamic and Electrophysiology Laboratory, hospital departments both for the acute phase and for the cardiac rehabilitation, specialist centers specialising in both the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases (Hypertension Center, Heart Failure Center, Arrhythmia Center, Genetic Arrhythmia Center, Sleep Medicine Center, Genetic Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center, Pulmonary Hypertension Center, Syncope Center) and several outpatient clinics throughout the territory.
In Piedmont, the Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit is operating both in the polyclinic of Villa Caramora and at Piancavallo Hospital, focusing on where it is specialized in the rehabilitation of cardiac diseases with obesity-related complications.
ACCESS TO SERVICES
Both national (Servizio Sanitario Nazionale) and private health insurance schemes entitle people to access the services and treatments provided in our hospitals and outpatient clinics.
Pathologic conditions: all cardiovascular diseases, with particular focus on:
- Arterial hypertension (the only centre of excellence of the European Society for Hypertension in the city of Milan)
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Post-ischemic, idiopathic and valvular Heart Failure
- Tachiarrythmias: supraventricular and ventricular arrhythmias. Bradyarrythmias: Atrioventricular blocks, sick sinus Syndrome
- Valvular heart Disease
- Center for Syncope with multidisciplinary approach (cardiological and neurological) recognised by GIMSI (Italian Multidisciplinar Group for the Study of Syncope)
- Rare genetic heart diseases (long QT syndrome, Brugada syndrome, catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia, short QT syndrome; dilatative, hypertrophic and arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathies)
- High Altitude Medicine and Travel Medicine
- Sleep Related Breathing and Cardiovascular Disorders (Snoring, Obstructive and Central Sleep Apnea)
- Stress Related Cardiomyopathies
Innovative techniques and procedures:
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty and Stenting
- Transcatheter ablation of ventricular and atrial arrhythmias with radiofrequency or cryoablation through endocardic or epicardic approach with conventional or three dimensional mapping
- Pace maker and implantable defibrillators. Implantable Loop recorders. Possibility of remote control of implantable devices (High Tech Telemedicine).
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT and CRT-D) by conventional or trans-septal approach; sonographic optimization of the site of implant and pacing intervals. Remote control of implantable devices.
- Transthoracic and transoesophageal Doppler Ecocardiography (bidimensional and threedimensional), TDI (Tissue Doppler Imaging); Transcranial Doppler for the diagnosis of Patent Foramen Ovale; Carotid Ultrasound evaluation with evaluation of carotid intima-media thickness according to European Society of Cardiology Guidelines; Echo Doppler evaluation of renal arteries and abdominal aorta
- 24 h ambulatory BP monitoring through non invasive intermittent and beat-to-beat (Portapres) techniques, 24-48h HOLTER ECG Monitoring
- Remote transtelephonic monitoring with home care for hypertension, arrhythmias and heart failure
- Full Video-Polysomnography and Cardiorespiratory monitoring during sleep
- Conventional and cardio-pulmonary stress test, evaluation of baroreceptor and chemoreceptor reflexes; Innovative techniques for cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- Pathophysiology, genetics, diagnosis, therapy and Blood Pressure tele-monitoring in patients with Hypertension (European Society of Hypertension Excellence Center)
- Heart failure
- Pathophysiology, diagnosis, therapy, rehabilitation and home tele-monitoring of heart failure patients
- Genetic Arrhythmias
- Pathophysiology and therapy of genetic cardiac arrhythmias
- Sleep and sleep related breathing disorders
- Diagnosis and therapy of sleep-related cardiorespiratory diseases
- Impairment of autonomic cardiovascular regulation
- Cardiovascular effects of hypobaric hypoxia exposure and gravitational stress
- Effects of High Altitude, Commercial Air Travelling and Space Flights
- Columbia University, New York, USA
- Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
- Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
- Gdansk Medical University, Gdansk, Poland
- Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Australia
- Conway Institute, University College Dublin, Ireland